Albeni Falls Building Supply began as a small lumber yard by Diamond International Lumber in 1948. It served the community well and steadily grew over the following years. In the late 1980's, Harold (Blackie) Ockert, the Manager of the store for Diamond International purchased this location. It was then that it became known as Albeni Falls Building Supply.
In 1990, Mr. Ockert decided to sell the store and retire. A young couple named David and Susan Melbourn, saw the store as a growing, valuable asset to the community. Looking for an opportunity to own their own business, they decided to buy the small store that had started 42 years earlier.
As the area grew during the early 1990's, David and Susan recognized the growing potential for expanded services to the community. So in 1995, they began construction of a brand new store of over 30,000 square feet. Construction was completed in May 1996. The store now employs over 40 people.
We believe that providing quality products and superior customer service are the hallmarks of a successful, community oriented business. These values are the foundation of Albeni Falls Building Supply, Why? Because we value your business.